Register with Us
Getting started is easy. Here at Marshalswick veterinary surgery we treat pets like they are our own, so you can feel secure knowing that you have a veterinary practice you can trust. New patients are always welcome and once you have completed your registration form we will get back to you with confirmation.
Registering your pet at Marshalswick veterinary surgery will only take a few minutes and can be done over the phone, online or at the surgery. All new puppies and kittens registering will receive an appointment with a vet as part of their registration process and you will receive a special welcome pack.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation.)
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your personal address details.)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us and other information.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use session cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; keep track of items in your shopping basket; prevent fraud and increase website security; and other uses.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email, SMS or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- Keep the website secure and prevent fraud
- Other uses
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) sellingTo any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area. In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password- and firewall- protected servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the payment of a fee and the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address). We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Marshalswick Veterinary Clinic LTD
All fees, diets and drug charges are subject to VAT at the current rate. Fee levels are determined by expertise, time spent on a case, procedures, drugs, materials, consumables, diets etc. Our written fee list is available on request. We can provide a detailed invoice for every consultation, surgical procedure or transaction with us. You are liable for any fees incurred in diagnosis and treatment of your animal, even if your pet is brought to us on your behalf by a relative, friend or agent
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Accounts are due for settlement at the end of the consultation, the discharge of your animal or upon collection of any diets, medications or other items. For your convenience we accept the following methods of payment:
- CREDIT/DEBIT CARD – Switch, Solo, MasterCard, Visa, Delta
We will happily provide written estimates as to the probable cost of treatment. Please bear in mind that any estimate is approximate and not a quote – often a pet’s illness will not follow a conventional course. If we believe the treatment costs are going to exceed the estimated costs, we will endeavour to contact you on the contact numbers you have given us. If you are not contactable, we will treat your pet as is necessary, in its best interests and for the prevention of pain or suffering, and you will be liable for these costs.
Payment is due at the time of consultation and if further reminders have to be sent, further charges will be incurred. Overdue accounts will be referred to our Solicitor/Debt Collection Agency or the County Court for recovery of debt, and further charges including a debt collection charge will be levied in respect of costs incurred in collecting the debt. We also reserve the right to charge interest at 2.5% per month for non-payment. Failure to pay may result in The Marshalswicks Veterinary Surgery only providing first aid and pain relief under these circumstances. A letter giving 7 days notice to find another Veterinary Surgeon to take care of the animal may also be sent
INABILITY TO PAY
If for any reason, you are unable to settle your account as specified, please discuss the matter as soon as possible with the attendant veterinary surgeon. Please note that instalments or part-payments of any account may only be sanctioned with the express, written and signed permission of the practice in exceptional circumstances. An administration charge will be levied to the account, and will be payable upfront. The full debt and any additional costs incurred will become payable immediately on failure to adhere to the terms of any such agreement.
PET HEALTH INSURANCE
The Marshalswicks Veterinary Surgery strongly advises insuring your animal against illness and accidents, and taking out third party cover. Please ask for details about insurance from any member of staff. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to settle the account with us, and then reclaim the fees from your insurance company. Direct claims can only be made following pre-authorisation in advance from the company via the practice, and having signed a written Direct Claim Agreement with a Practice Partner’s permission.
OWNERSHIP OF RECORDS
Case records including radiographs and similar documents are the property of the practice, and will normally be retained by the practice for a minimum period of 7 years. Copies with a summary of history will be passed on request to any veterinary surgeon taking over the case. Where any significant expense is involved in providing such copies, as there might be, for example, with the provision of radiographs, a charge will be made.
OUT OF HOURS POLICY
In the event of an emergency, please telephone The Marshalswicks Veterinary Surgery in the first instance. Outside of normal hours, an answer phone message will give the contact details of the vet on call. If calling after 7 pm, we utilise the services of a specialised emergency service provider at the Royal veterinary college. Because they are a separate company, you will be expected to settle your account with them directly. No addition or variation of these conditions may be made unless agreed in writing and signed by one of the Practice Partners. We look forward to meeting you and your animals and if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Last updated May 2018