Some facts about hedgehogs…
* They are lactose intolerant
* They are nocturnal
* They feed their babies for up to 8 weeks
* They have to be around 600g to hibernate
*They will eat cat and dog food (NOT fishy flavours though)
*They are pregnant for 35 days
* The baby hogs are called Urchins
* 85% of hogs have lungworm
* The hedgehog flea can’t live on a dog,cat or human!
Here is a picture of a hedgehog we have recently treated after he was injured by either a lawnmower or strimmer!
For hedgehog advice visit : http://www.sttiggywinkles.org.uk/hedgehog-fact-sheet.html